Looking For A Dependable Online Tutor in Singapore?
FamilyTutor Got You Covered!
- Most Family-Oriented Online Tutors
- Zero Agency Fee
- Every Student In Good Hands
- Highest Level Of Satisfaction
What To Expect From FamilyTutor
Largest active tutor database in Singapore to suit your requests
$0 agency fees involved, the most affordable tuition rates in town, guaranteed!
Our strict shortlisting process ensures only the top list of tutors make it to you
Quickest & most comprehensive list of tutors
Responsive quality customer service from our friendly tuition agents
We arrange commitment-free trial lessons to ensure the best tutor fit for you
|Age Group||Type Of Subject||Grade Before Hiring FamilyTutor||After Hiring FamilyTutor For...|
|Average Grade Improvement: -|
|Type Of Subject|
|Grade Before Hiring FamilyTutor|
|After Hiring FamilyTutor For...|
|Average Grade Improvement:||-|
Google Verified Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
Singapore Online Tuition Market Rate
|Part-Time Tutor||Full-Time Tutor||NIE-Trained/School Teacher|
|N1 - K2||$20-$25/hr||$30-$40/hr||$50-$60/hr|
|P1 - P3||$25-$30/hr||$35-$50/hr||$55-$60/hr|
|P4 - P6||$25-$40/hr||$35-$55/hr||$60-$80/hr|
|Sec 1 - Sec 2||$30-$40/hr||$35-$60/hr||$65-$90/hr|
|Sec 3 - Sec 5||$35-$45/hr||$40-$65/hr||$70-$90/hr|
|JC1 - JC2||$50-$60/hr||$55-$80/hr||$80-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 1-6||$30-$45/hr||$35-$60/hr||$70-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 7-10||$35-$50/hr||$40-$70/hr||$75-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 11-12 (Diploma)||$60-$70/hr||$65-$100/hr||$85-$120/hr|
|Diploma / University||$60-$80/hr||$80-$120/hr||-|
We have matched our carefully selected home tutors to families from all housing districts in Singapore.
We have served many families while ensuring that they got the online tutor they deserved.
We have offered online tuition for all levels and subjects to many students in Singapore.
We Collaborate With Graduate Or Undergraduate Online Tutors Of
Too Busy? Not Sure What To Expect From A Home Tuition? Let Us Contact You Instead!
Challenges Faced by Students in Singapore
- Students often do not pay attention to classes due to lack of interest.
- They fail to understand concepts and their correct applications.
- With several accumulated misconceptions in the course, students fail to keep up with the rest of the class.
- Students often get scared to ask questions in class as they the fear being taunted by their fellow peers.
- Due to ineffective memorization techniques, students cannot remember important information and definitions that they will need in their paper.
- They cannot structure their answers well and thus cannot score high marks.
- Fail to understand concepts thus, cannot use them to answer questions in their paper.
- Cannot perform correct calculations and deduce accurate solutions to a given question.
- They often make stupid mistakes in their paper thus compromising their marks.
- They fail to finish the paper on time.
- Students struggle to perform well in all of their subjects.
Benefits of Engaging Online
Benefits of Engaging Online Tuition
Often times, students prefer browsing the internet and playing games for fun. Therefore, when it comes to studying they prefer using the digital world for help in their academic problems as well. Taking that into account, online tutors efficiently make use of a student’s pleasure to get their attention in lessons. This is done by using various online platforms which can teach the students difficult concepts included in their syllabus. Furthermore, it can also keep the child engaged as well as interested in the lesson being taught. Therefore, with the help of private online tuition, students are more engaged as well as invested in the lesson thus ensuring that they are able to understand their concepts and topics and are able to use them for their papers.
Effective Online tutors make use of numerous resources online to keep their students invested and engaged in both the lesson and the subject. Furthermore, tutors often use interesting techniques to help keep the children focused on the topic at hand and ensure that they are understanding their concepts. With this increased understanding and knowledge, students gain an interest in their course. This motivates them to work harder and practice their concepts.
Not all students study at the same pace or style. Teachers clearly demotivate slow learners when they cater to the majority’s fast learning pace. However, private online tuitions provide undivided attention to one particular student, his pace and his style. Furthermore, the lessons planned are taught in such a way that they are easier to understand by the student thus allowing him to absorb the most content in the limited time given and ensuring that he is improving in his classes and exams.
Online tutors have a large resource bank filled with helpful learning materials for their students. These resources can include past papers, notes, practice questions and video lectures, all of which can help students in their revision and practice of their paper. Thus, with the help of private tuition students can manage their time wisely and use these resources to practice what they have learnt. Furthermore, past papers can teach students the correct applications of their concepts and ideal answers thus better preparing them for their final exam.
Students in school rarely speak up in class about their worries or problems in the syllabus. This is due to their fear of saying something wrong or being taunted by their peers. However, private tutors can ensure that the student is given a comfortable environment where he can communicate easily and not have the same fear. Furthermore, online tuition hopes to clear a child’s doubts on a daily basis so he does not build up wrong concepts in his course. This consistent help and understanding can increase a child’s confidence and enable him to freely ask questions in the sessions.
Choosing The Right Online Tutor
Important Qualities to Look For An Online Tutor
- There are different types of tutors you can hire from. Some for example have received certified training in how to teach students online. While others have specific qualifications in the subject you need help in. Therefore, it is evident that a tutor’s ability to teach can be deduced through their academic qualifications and achievements. These achievements allow them to convey the right concepts to their students. Therefore, when looking for an effective and capable tutor, it can help to research their academic achievements as well as any relevant grades they have in the subject you require tuition for.
- FamilyTutor responsibly recommends tutors who have the capability to teach your child. We also provide a tutor’s full academic details in their tutor profiles.
- The syllabus being followed in Singapore is the MOE syllabus, which is altered and modified every few years. This modification introduces changes within the content and examination objectives, changes that a student must adapt and learn before his final exam. Therefore, when you look for an effective tutor online, it is important to consider their familiarity with the syllabus and how well they are able to teach your child according to those changes. This would also ensure that your child is being taught within the guidelines of the syllabus and thus his school lessons and tuition sessions cover the same topics.
- FamilyTutor strictly examines a tutors experience and qualifications before recommending them for your child. Furthermore, we also provide these details in their tutor profiles so clients can simply work out a tutor’s familiarity with the MOE syllabus.
- Teaching experience is very important in proving a tutors capability. Since each level in the Singaporean education system connects the subjects together, it is important that tutors are aware of the varying content and examination pattern within the levels. Therefore, when looking for a tutor to teach A-Level Physics, it is important to hire one who has the experience of teaching A-Level physics students in the past. This would enable them to tech the right content and concepts as well as guide students on how to tackle questions that are similar to those that appear in their exam. It is advised that when looking for an effective tutor to teach you a certain subject at a certain level, examine their experience in teaching your requested subject at your particular level. This would enhance their capability to teach you as well as prove that they are effective in better preparing you for your papers.
- Online tutors have various resources that they pass down to their students to help them in their revision and practice. The resources are time efficient and effective for students as they can be accessed online without any extra hassle. Such as summary notes, websites with good practice questions, quizzes related to a topic and past paper, all of which help them effectively revise and practice their concepts. Therefore, if you are struggling to memorize content and practice your concepts, it will do good to hire a tutor who has access to and can provide good learning materials. This would increase the amount of practice you have thus allowing you to be fully prepared by the time of your paper.
- FamilyTutor highlights tutors who have certain resources in their possession. Our agency works hard to guide clients to the right path and help them make a sound decision, we ensure this by keeping them in the loop and inquiring them before taking any major decisions.
- There are some tasks that can only be fulfilled by physical tuitions. If down the road you wish to switch your online tuition into physical tuition because for example you have trouble with pronouncing words in a language or need someone to converse with, it would be helpful to consider this before finalizing the online tuition. This means, that the tutor you wish to hire should be willing to work according to the child’s needs. If the child needs to have physical tuitions then your hired tutor must be willing to adapt to this change.
- FamilyTutor recommends flexible tutors who are devoted to teaching. Furthermore, we also list tutors preferences and their capabilities of converting into physical lessons when need be.
- Commitment and dedication can go a long way. Most times students are distracted by their non-academic activities and cannot focus on their lessons. However, devoted tutors will come up with new techniques to keep the child engaged and interested in the lesson. Therefore, find a tutor who can be committed to your child. However, that can be hard to examine but basic commitment and willingness can be deduced. Such as the commitment of the tutor to abide by the decided tuition timings or even long term commitment. It should be noted that for a given subject, it would be beneficial to hire a tutor long term as they have a good relationship with your child as well as being aware of their learning style and their weaknesses.
- Some qualities cannot be judged through a tutor’s experiences and their qualifications. Therefore, FamilyTutor ensures that the client and a potential tutor have communicated and discussed important conditions i.e. commitments and timings before any final arrangements are made.
- Testimonials can show you various qualities of a tutor such as their effectiveness in teaching, their nature towards a child, their ability to provide resources or even the way they teach. This can help clients make good decisions when hiring a tutor. Therefore, when searching through various tutors, it can help to ask for and research their testimonials, this would help to ensure you are hiring someone who is proven to effective and safe.
- FamilyTutor finds the best online tutors in Singapore who no doubt have numerous testimonials. Therefore, we provide these testimonials to our clients to help ease their decision process.
Making Well-Informed Decisions
Importance of Getting Online Tuition
- Singaporean schools can be a stressful environment for many students. For example, teachers are busy trying to complete the given syllabus thus their pace is a little too fast for most students. Due to which, many students start to build up misconceptions and wrong concepts. This causes them to fall behind in their lessons and score bad grades in-class tests or quizzes. However, private tuition ensures that your child is given undivided attention and are taught in a manner that is easy for them to focus on. Furthermore, tutors also develop a comfortable environment where students are free to ask questions regarding their course.
- Online tuition can be very time-efficient as the procedure only requires a computer and a connection to the internet. Furthermore, it is easier to validate a time with tutors online as well as having flexibility in the arranged time slots. Therefore, with the help of online tuition your child can learn anywhere and have extra time to rest and prepare for other subjects.
- With online tuition, both parties are less distracted and students are more engaged in their lessons. For example issues such as the circuit breaker in April wasted precious studying time, however, such natural events cannot affect online tuitions.
- Most parents in Singapore choose online tuition as it is the safest option, this can ensure that their child is in no physical harm and is studying the best he can. Therefore, the benefit of private online tuitions could be an assurance to worrisome parents of their child’s safety.
- Online tutors make use of the resources and platforms online to teach their students. As the students in this era are more digitally inclined, this change can increase their interest in the lessons.
Best Online Tuition in Singapore
Enjoy Online Tuition at the convenience of your home today. FamilyTutor provides Online Home Tuition all across Singapore. Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today with us!
The #1 Online Tuition Agency in Singapore
FamilyTutor helps to ease your search for a good online tutor. We engage the safest and most effective Online tutors available in the region and hope to recommend one who is a perfect fit for your child. Furthermore, we engage with MOE & NIE trained tutors, full time and part-time tutors, all of who have excellent academic qualifications and experiences thus enhancing their ability to teach students online. Furthermore, we also ensure our clients that not only are our tutors experienced but they have exemplary talents such as identifying your child’s weak areas and helping them to build good basic skills in their subjects.
In this era, online tuition is considered as an advancement and is in high demand in the tutoring agency. Request an online tutor from FamilyTutor and watch yourself improve for the better!
More Home Tuition Resources From Our Blog
Having a bad memory is one of the many laments of students and for some, can even become mental blocks during examinations or important school periods. Memory is very important to us yet is often overlooked as we assume it is unchangeable