Looking For A Dependable History Home Tutor in Singapore?
FamilyTutor Got You Covered!
- Most Family-Oriented Home Tutors
- Zero Agency Fee
- Every Student In Good Hands
- Highest Level Of Satisfaction
What To Expect From FamilyTutor
1 to 1 History Home Tuition Catered to Student’s Needs and Learning Progress
Quality Explanations of History
Access To A Variety Of Exercises and Past Year Papers From Top Schools
Gain Insights To Historical Timeline
Feel Safe Learning History At Your Convenience In Your Home
Receive Consolidated History Summary Notes and Materials
Increase Interest And Understanding Of History As A Subject
Improvement In Your History Academic Grades
Pick Your Ideal History Tutor From Our Pool of 12,000+ Experienced History Tutors
|Age Group||Type Of Subject||Grade Before Hiring FamilyTutor||After Hiring FamilyTutor For...|
|Average Grade Improvement: -|
|Type Of Subject|
|Grade Before Hiring FamilyTutor|
|After Hiring FamilyTutor For...|
|Average Grade Improvement:||-|
Google Verified Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
Singapore Home Tuition Market Rate
|Part-Time Tutor||Full-Time Tutor||NIE-Trained/School Teacher|
|N1 - K2||$20-$25/hr||$30-$40/hr||$50-$60/hr|
|P1 - P3||$25-$30/hr||$35-$50/hr||$55-$60/hr|
|P4 - P6||$25-$40/hr||$35-$55/hr||$60-$80/hr|
|Sec 1 - Sec 2||$30-$40/hr||$35-$60/hr||$65-$90/hr|
|Sec 3 - Sec 5||$35-$45/hr||$40-$65/hr||$70-$90/hr|
|JC1 - JC2||$50-$60/hr||$55-$80/hr||$80-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 1-6||$30-$45/hr||$35-$60/hr||$70-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 7-10||$35-$50/hr||$40-$70/hr||$75-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 11-12 (Diploma)||$60-$70/hr||$65-$100/hr||$85-$120/hr|
|Diploma / University||$60-$80/hr||$80-$120/hr||-|
We Collaborate With Graduate Or Undergraduate Tutors Of
Too Busy? Not Sure What To Expect From A Home Tuition? Let Us Contact You Instead!
Challenges Faced by History Students in Singapore
- Writing essays with balanced arguments
- Writing essays with structure and organization
- Lack of knowledge into the complexity in essay questions
- Trouble creating arguments that address the question directly
- Issues with memorizing large chunks of data to be used as evidence for arguments in Essays
- Problems assessing sources for Source-Based Questions
- Unfamiliarity with the topic of the essay interfering in making effective arguments
- Inability to finish the paper due to ineffective examination and time management strategies
Benefits of Engaging a History
Benefits of Engaging History Home Tuition
History is one of the hardest subjects to perform in as it demands a student to have a large pool of historical knowledge as well as the skill to utilize the content to create well-organized and balanced essays. With the presence of a qualified History Tutor who can help identify a student’s weaknesses and explain the reason, they are not performing as well as the can, which they use to improve and thus perform better in History.
With so many students in one class, it can be hard for a teacher to help each student with their unique problems. With History Tuition in Singapore, a tutor can devote their undivided attention and concentration on their students’ learning progress. This increases the student’s improvement since the tutor can analyze their schoolwork and help them figure out where the mistakes were made. Not only that, but the History Tutor can also support the student in developing their understanding of historical events and efficiently commit to memory important details that will allow them to back up their arguments.
With a content-heavy subject like History which needs students to have a thorough grasp on the course material and create effective arguments from them. Having a History Tutor allows students to gain access to comprehensive notes for each topic and practice test papers collected from workbooks and top schools, thereby making it easier on the students during their revision.
The History course is designed to enhance students’ critical thinking and reflective thinking skills. However, in school, it can be challenging to fully learn the content as well as critical thinking and analytical skills in the swift lesson pace. Having a History Tutor who will accompany the student on their learning progress will make sure that the student’s learning and development as confident and reflective thinkers are realized to their full potential.
Under a History Tutor’s mentorship, students can learn how best to approach history and see the improvements in their analytical skills firsthand. Moreover, the experience of a History Tutor can be utilized by the student for their future decisions and choices for subject combinations, university degrees and even career choices.
Choosing The Right History Home Tutor
Important Qualities to Look For In A History Home Tutor
- Even though History only has the major components – content knowledge, source-based study and essay, there are many skills in History that are necessary to excel in the subject. Qualified History tutors are very familiar with the content and skills needed for critical thinking and analysis of historical sources. Moreover, these tutors are aware of the various areas in which most students struggle, thereby allowing students to improve as much as possible in as little time as possible.
- History Tutors at FamilyTutor are proficient and experienced with a long history of helping improve their student’s history greatly. They are also well-versed in helping students find out their weaknesses and guide them on how best to mitigate these weaknesses.
- Critical thinking is not only an incredibly important skill for performing well in history but also an invaluable skill in life. Learning to differentiate between fact and opinion and discerning their own conclusions from the latter are difficult skills to pick up and even harder to master. Qualified and experienced History Tutors can train their students to adapt these skills using their uniquely designed learning schedule. Though this quality can be hard to pin down, a good estimate into a tutor’s ability to impart critical thinking skills onto their students can be taken from the improvement of their previous students.
- In the tutor’s list sent to you, FamilyTutor will make sure to include the tutors’ records in helping their students improve so that its easier for you to select the most suitable history tuition in Singapore.
- The History Tutors with appropriate degrees in History or have exemplary scores for History during their academic days tend to have knowledge about the content and examination format of the History syllabus. This is an important quality to look at since it will indicate as to how proficient they are in teaching their subject.
- Here at FamilyTutor, we will include and highlight the academic qualifications and relevant grades to assist you in selecting the best History tutor.
- In your search for the best History tutor, it is best to make sure that the tutor has taught or is teaching a student on a similar level. A JC History tutor might not be the ideal fit for a secondary school child. Therefore, do be sure to check their experiences in teaching and judge whether they are best for your particular level.
- FamilyTutor only recommends tutors who are proficient in teaching History to students of similar levels. We will also recommend tutors that are capable of teaching History for the respective educational levels if their personal academic achievements in History are exemplary.
- Changes in the O/N/A-Levels or international syllabi such as IGCSE and IB syllabus are common. Therefore, it is very important that your selected tutor be caught with the most recent syllabus and exam formats. The tutor should teach the same curriculum and exam formats like that of the school’s so that there is no contradictory information.
- To facilitate your selection of a suitable History Tutor, FamilyTutor will include the tutor’s teaching experiences in their profiles so that gauging their familiarity with the most updated syllabus can be easier.
- More information on the History syllabus can be found here: O-Level History, N-Level History, A-Level H1 History, IGCSE History, IBDP HL History
- The best History Tutors in Singapore certainly have stronger testimonial bases built from their previous tutees. You can go through these testimonials to better understand the strengths of these tutors prior to deciding. Furthermore, tutors that come recommended or have testimonials are typically safe to approach and are known for their teaching capability.
- FamilyTutor recognizes the struggles of parents in their search for a suitable tutor for their child. Hence, we make sure to put testimonials in the tutor’s profiles and if they have received a commendation from our previous clients to ease your experience in the selection process.
Making Well-Informed Decisions
Importance of Getting History Home Tuition
- Secondary School requires Pure or Combined History subjects to be taken. Excelling at all the taken subjects is necessary to attain their desired school, degree or diploma in the future.
- All the History syllabuses from Secondary to JC are connected. Therefore, having professional help from the very beginning can greatly ease a student’s way into future advance courses.
- Learning History gives students a lot of knowledge regarding past events and teaches them the skill to relate them to current affairs. With this understanding, students can learn to see the bigger picture with multiple perspectives when looking at a single event.
- Through History, students can be taught important soft skills such as critical thinking and forward-thinking. Students can also learn to be better at judging between facts and opinion, which is a priceless skill when reading about anytime but especially current affairs.
- For degrees like Public Policy and Global Affairs in local universities, a good grade in History is essential. Having a History Tutor to ease your process of learning will greatly increase your chances of scoring well for History.
Best History Home Tuition in Singapore
Enjoy History Tuition at the convenience of your home today. FamilyTutor provides History Home Tuition all across Singapore. Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today with us!
The #1 History Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
FamilyTutor Home Tuition sympathizes with the struggles of History students in trying to improve their analytical and conceptual skills, we hold the belief that many students can excel at any subject with the right guidance from a capable and well-versed tutor. Thus, we offer experienced and competent History Tutors to help students achieve high grades within short periods of time. Our large collection of professional History Tutors have a proven track record of students who have improved under their careful and thorough teaching plan. Rest assured that you or your child can be the next student to benefit from History Tuition.
Studying History has a lot of benefits, as highlighted by Deakin University. As the famous saying goes, History repeats itself, for us to learn from history we first have to learn history itself. Request for a History Tutor now at FamilyTutor to witness the transformation in your History grades and critical thinking skills!
More Home Tuition Resources From Our Blog
History as a subject requires a lot of memorization of different names, places, events, and dates which are deemed important and noteworthy. This single reason is why students tend to lean towards other subjects when asked what their favorite subject is. But what if there are ways to improve how to memorize these dates, names places, and events that occurred in the past.