O-Level Math Tuition
LOOKING FOR DEPENDABLE O LEVEL MATHS TUITION IN SINGAPORE?
OUR 'O' LEVEL MATHS TUTORS HAVE GOT YOU COVERED!
- Most Family-Oriented Home Tutors
- Zero Agency Fee
- Every Student Is In Good Hands
- Highest Level Of Satisfaction
WHY CHOOSE FAMILYTUTOR FOR 'O' LEVEL MATHS TUITION?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT O LEVEL MATHS TUITION IN SINGAPORE
Getting all the support and help possible is a great way to experience positive grade jumps. For some, this means being educated by a secondary Maths tutor. At FamilyTutor, we have a track record of being able to improve grades by up to 3 grade levels within 4 months.
Too Busy? Not Sure What To Expect From A Home Tuition? Let Us Contact You Instead!
SHORTLISTING THE BEST O LEVEL MATHS HOME TUTOR FOR YOU
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM SECONDARY MATH TUITION
YOU MAY ASK…
- The mathematics syllabus taught in Singapore is thoroughly linked throughout its different levels. As such, topics taught in junior colleges are an extension of the basic concepts taught during secondary school. Therefore, engaging the help of a maths tutor can help students to have an easier transition from basic to advanced levels.
- Many times, basic concepts taught for O Level maths, such as percentage, probability, speed and differentiation are also applicable to science subjects such as Chemistry and Physics. Therefore, acquiring a strong foundation in mathematical concepts can help your child excel in other subjects, too. Our tuition agency can match qualified tutors to provide such expert guidance to reach your child’s academic goals.
- Mathematical concepts are used in our daily lives and play a crucial role in equipping students with the knowledge, skills, and capabilities to think logically and critically to actively participate and thrive in the future economy and society. Therefore, in order to train a child to be efficient in calculations such as payments and loans in his adult years, private home tutors can be a big help when it comes to understanding such real-world concepts.
- Maths is a core subject that is compulsory in Junior College, which makes secondary maths tuition a useful tool for their A Levels. And beyond that, a thorough comprehension of mathematical concepts can come in handy when pursuing a Diploma or Degree in courses such as Engineering, Statistics, and Accounting.
- Other qualities such as problem-solving ability, critical thinking, and even effective communication, can also be acquired when learning O Level Math. Given the advanced levels of time management and responsibility required to ace the subject matter, mathematics can also help students understand the world and act as an effective way to build discipline.y.
Therefore, start building your child’s mathematical foundation with FamilyTutor today
Offering tuition classes for levels ranging from preschool to university, you can rest assured that our O Level maths tutors will be able to cover several topics and educational components. Some of the MOE syllabus topics we will cover include:
- Ratio, Proportion
- Rate, Speed
- Functions and graphs
- Equations and inequalities
- Algebraic Functions
- Circle Geometry Properties
- Application of Pythagoras’ theorem
- Trigonometric Ratios
- Statistics – Data handling and analysis & Probability
At FamilyTutor, we know that there are several common maths mistakes that students make. This is why our O Level maths tutors develop strategies to aid students’ understanding and learning of various mathematical concepts. Be it through rigorous repetition or by making progress more tangible through charts, our tutors will identify each student’s weakness and design a personalised curriculum to improve their grades.
Here are some of the most important skills we focus on:
- Time management skills on priority areas to tackle
- Proper analysis of questions for accurate problem solving
- How to accurately present workings, graphs and more
- Process elimination skills for multiple choice questions
- Proof-checking ability to save on time while checking calculations
- Problem solving skills and memory tips for complex formulas
'O' LEVEL MATHS HOME TUITION MARKET RATE (SINGAPORE)
At FamilyTutor, there are three main ‘O’ Level Math tutor categories for parents or students like you to choose from. The three categories are: Part-Time Tutors ($40-$50/hr), Full-Time Tutors ($50-$65/hr), and Ex-/Current MOE Teachers ($70-$90/hr).
Despite charging different hourly rates, none of them is “superior” or “inferior” to the others. Which tutor category is the most suitable for a student depends on each individual’s learning needs and budget.
To learn more about the differences among the different tutor categories, please visit FamilyTutor’s tuition rates page!
THE FAMILYTUTOR O LEVEL MATHS TUITION PROGRAMME
Our O Level Math tuition programme is specially designed so that teachers can leverage the various teaching pedagogies to teach their students in an engaging manner. This is done through a systematic approach so that students can best prepare for their O Level examinations.
Using graphic organisers
Since many students are unable to visualise abstract concepts taught in maths, our tutors will go through the key concepts and learning points topic by topic in the O Level maths syllabus with graphic organisers like charts and diagrams. This will efficiently demonstrate how to solve questions using formulas.
It is said that practice makes perfect. Repeated revisions will help to pinpoint common or even repetitive mistakes that students tend to make, thereby training them to be more mindful during actual exams. As such, it’s important to have revision practice questions given to students to develop their muscle memory further.
FEATURED 'O' LEVEL MATHS TUTORS OF THE MONTH
Ms. Tay H.X.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Civil Engineer), NTU
Specialising in Lower to Upper Secondary Math for 8+ years, Ms. Tay brings out the best in all of her Math students. Under her patient tutelage, numerous students improved from failing the subject to scoring as high as A1’s!