Primary School Tuition
Looking For A Dependable Primary School Home Tutor in Singapore?
FamilyTutor Got You Covered!
- Most Family-Oriented Home Tutors
- Zero Agency Fee
- Every Student In Good Hands
- Highest Level Of Satisfaction
What To Expect From FamilyTutor
Devoted 1 to 1 Primary School Lessons To Focus On The Students’ Learning
Fun And Engaging Tuition Lessons That Motivate Students To Learn
Simple Explanations of Concepts for All Primary School Subjects
Receive Learning Materials and Exercises From Experienced Primary School Tutors
Learn From Primary School Tutors In The Comfort and Safety of Your Home
Personalised Learning Schedule Catered to Individual Needs and Learning Styles
Increase Interest and Focus During Primary School Tuition Classes
Insightful Advice To Scoring Well For Each Component of Primary School Subjects
Pick Your Ideal Tutor From Our Pool of 12,000+ Quality Primary School Tutors
|Age Group||Type Of Subject||Grade Before Hiring FamilyTutor||After Hiring FamilyTutor For...|
|Average Grade Improvement: -|
|Type Of Subject|
|Grade Before Hiring FamilyTutor|
|After Hiring FamilyTutor For...|
|Average Grade Improvement:||-|
Google Verified Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
Singapore Home Tuition Market Rate
|Part-Time Tutor||Full-Time Tutor||NIE-Trained/School Teacher|
|N1 - K2||$20-$25/hr||$30-$40/hr||$50-$60/hr|
|P1 - P3||$25-$30/hr||$35-$50/hr||$55-$60/hr|
|P4 - P6||$25-$40/hr||$35-$55/hr||$60-$80/hr|
|Sec 1 - Sec 2||$30-$40/hr||$35-$60/hr||$65-$90/hr|
|Sec 3 - Sec 5||$35-$45/hr||$40-$65/hr||$70-$90/hr|
|JC1 - JC2||$50-$60/hr||$55-$80/hr||$80-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 1-6||$30-$45/hr||$35-$60/hr||$70-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 7-10||$35-$50/hr||$40-$70/hr||$75-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 11-12 (Diploma)||$60-$70/hr||$65-$100/hr||$85-$120/hr|
|Diploma / University||$60-$80/hr||$80-$120/hr||-|
We Collaborate With Graduate Or Undergraduate Tutors Of
Too Busy? Not Sure What To Expect From A Home Tuition? Let Us Contact You Instead!
Challenges Faced by Primary Level Students in Singapore
- Primary school students do not pay as much attention to their studies.
- They cannot fully and effectively grasp the concepts taught in their lessons.
- Lack the ability to keep up with lessons in both school and tuition.
- Students often struggle to memorize large amount of work given in primary schools.
- Primary school students lack the ability to effectively answer questions.
- They find the problems challenging and are not aware of the methods to solve them.
- Fail to use effective answering techniques in exams.
- Scared to speak up about doubts and misconceptions in class due to fear of taunts from fellow peers.
- They often make careless mistakes in their official exams.
- Fail to complete their papers due to ineffective exam strategies.
Benefits of Engaging a Primary Level Home Tutor
Benefits of Engaging Preschool Home Tuition
Primary school students often have lower attention spans and thus sitting still and concentrating becomes challenging especially during lessons. However, with tutoring session where the tutor provides his undivided attention to that one student, it becomes easier to keep him focused and in-line with what’s being taught. Furthermore, primary school tutors use various techniques to keep the student engaged in the lesson and to make sure he understands the concepts being taught.
Students often learn at different speeds and styles when compared with eachother. Furthermore, primary school teachers cannot entertain each student individually and teach them according to their style, this puts many students at a disadvantage. However, with primary school tutors, a one to one relation is developed between tutor and student. This guarantees that the schedule and pattern developed is the one best suited for the student as well as that critical attention is paid to the student’s weaknesses.
To aid in their education and especially their coming papers, primary school tutors have access to various resource banks filled with past papers, notes and concise mind maps. They make use of these resources to teach the students solid concepts according to the syllabus as well as helping them with their memorization skills and their answering techniques.
Often times, in fear of being taunted and ridiculed by fellow peers, most children do not speak up in class when they have a problem understanding a concept or even when answering a question. With tutors, children start to follow up on schoolwork giving them a better understanding of what is happening in their current classes, this gives them confidence in answering and asking questions from teachers.
In primary school lessons, concepts and methods and merely passed from teacher to student, this lessens interest in the subject as students enjoy learning practical natures of objects rather than their theory. However, tutors engage their students with fun facts and teach them various aspects of what they are studying while still teaching them the basic information required in their syllabus. Through this, students start to gain interest in their studies and hence pay more attention in their lessons.
Choosing The Right Primary Level Home Tutor
Important Qualities to Look For In A Primary Level Home Tutor
- When hiring private tutors, it is important that they are qualified to teach your child. This could either depend on whether the tutor is capable of generally teaching students or whether he has experience in teaching a particular subject. We at FamilyTutor agency engage with three types of tutors: MOE and NIE certified tutor, full-time and part-time tutors. MOE and NIE certified tutors are generally skilled and trained to teach students in the most effective manner possible whereas the other two categories have built their experience on teaching various students as well as acquiring a personal experience of clearing the requested subject.
- At FamilyTutor, we highly prioritize experience and qualifications. Furthermore, we ease your selection process by displaying all important characteristics of a tutor i.e. their experience in the field, their qualifications in teaching and their grades.
- The MOE syllabus is updated every six years, the alterations made are very important and crucial hence children must readily adapt to these new changes. However, it is the responsibility of primary school tutors to keep up to date with the changes made in the syllabus and teach concept according to it. Furthermore, with changes come different questions and exercises, tutors must be able to customize these exercises for their students and teach them effective exam strategies and answering techniques which follow the changed syllabus.
- With the detailed profiles provided by our agency, you will be able to hire tutors according to their experience which will govern whether the tutor is familiar with the new changes in the MOE syllabus.
- Even though the education system of Singapore is thoroughly linked through its connecting syllabus, it is very critical that you hire a tutor who is specifically trained to teach primary school students. The levels of depth in both content of the syllabus and the examination pattern varies in each level of education; hence, a trained or experienced tutor would know more of how to counter and ace these specific areas. Furthermore, looking for a tutor who has himself passed the same paper is also important, because experience enables a previous student to provide effective tips and tricks to ace the paper. Therefore, when looking for a primary school tutor, it is very important to look at their experience and their grades.
- Primary school tutors have multiple resources up their sleeves which they have collected from previous students, newspapers, past papers, and book exercises. All of these accumulated resources are given to their new students to teach them a variety of concepts and methods. Such as with exercises, students can practice a topic they are weak on or with past papers, tutors can teach them various answering techniques which will reward them the highest marks.
- Our tutors at FamilyTutor agency are all about sharing their resources with your children to guarantee that their concepts are solidified, and their answers are top-notch.
- Passion and interest are very important when learning something and that is one thing that students lack most in Primary school. However, it is important to hire a private tutor who can engage your child in the subject and rise his interests in what is being taught. Furthermore, it is critical that your tutor follows the agreed upon timing for the session so as to keep a consistent help around for your son / daughter. Furthermore, finding a good tutor is very important and once you have found one who understand your child’s weaknesses and habits, it is important to hire them long term. This ensures that the tutor has a good connection with your son as well as knowing how to best teach him a particular concept.
- FamilyTutor aids all these requests by ensuring that you and your tutor are in direct communication so you can forward your expectations and needs and have a positive response I return.
- Primary school education teaches the basic concepts that a student will need throughout his further education and private tutors help student develop those concepts without leaving any misconceptions or doubts in the child’s mind. With consistent and undivided help, students are able to work on their weaknesses and solidify their concepts. Furthermore, tutors also help develop good learning habits in students such as reading and writing. Therefore, it is very important to find a tutor who can explain concepts according to your child’s learning style as well as design a schedule which best suits his education.
- FamilyTutor engages their clients with those tutors who have expansive knowledge of the basic skills taught in the MOE syllabus. Our tutors also focus upon a child’s weaknesses and learning styles and customize special schedules to effectively teach him/her. This will ensure that your child is able to learn and practice the basic skills and concepts effortlessly and that he is able to benefit the most in the short amount of time given.
- The best primary school tutors have a strong list of testimonials collected from their previous students. By looking at these testimonials, you can highlight a tutor’s strengths and qualities. Furthermore, with good recommendations and feedback from multiple clients can guarantee that your child’s future will be in safe and trustworthy hands.
- We at FamilyTutor provide all testimonials a tutor has acquired throughout his years of teaching. Through these we guarantee that our tutors are safe and capable of teaching your child effectively.
Making Well-Informed Decisions
Importance of Getting Primary Level Home Tuition
- The education system adapted and used in Singapore can be difficult and challenging. For a young child, to encounter this system can lead to high pressure and stress of adapting to the new environment and increased workload. However, with primary school tutors, this pressure can be eased as undivided attention is provided to clear any misconceptions or doubts your child may have. Hence private tuitions can simplify your child’s learning journey in primary school.
- Primary schools are the first level which require students to take national examinations. Mastering these subjects for 6 years and then passing the PSLE’s will ensure that a child gets into good secondary schools and continue their education. Therefore, with proper and effective teaching acquired through tutors, children can be given good futures.
- Primary school education is a must for all citizens and children living in Singapore unless the child is enrolled in a religious school, has special needs or is being homeschooled. Since that is the case, passing and studying for the exams is very important. Therefore, in mastering the subjects and acing the exams, primary school tutors can be of immense help.
- Primary school teaches the basic fundamental concepts for each subject that will further be taught in higher levels. Mastering the basic concepts and skills in each subject is very important in order to graduate and study effectively in higher levels. Primary school tutors can ease this transition by teaching students the right concepts and clearing any doubts they may have before the course progresses too far.
- The first years of education are essentially important, and they help in the comprehensive development of a child’s education. Developing skills and learning habits are a big part of this development. Hence through proper guidance and support of a Primary school tutor, students can develop good habits and important skills which will no doubt help them in their future studies.
Best Primary Level Home Tuition in Singapore
Enjoy Primary Level Tuition at the convenience of your home today. FamilyTutor provides Primary Level Home Tuition all across Singapore. Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today with us!
The #1 Primary Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
Many Singaporean parents worry about their children’s education especially with the impending doom of passing the PSLE exams after 6 years, this is why our agency aims to assist the worrisome parents in providing home tutors for their children as per their given requirements. In light of this, we accommodate and recommend three types of tutors each having different experiences and qualifications in teaching Primary school students. Our MOE and NIE certified, full time and part time tutors have immense experience in helping your children acquire the basic foundational skills needed to fulfill syllabus objectives as well as helping them excel in their exams. We at FamilyTutor hope to provide you with trustworthy and committed tutors who will no doubt help safeguard and brighten your child’s future.
Primary education governs the importance of a student more than his gender of family background, as stated by The Guardian. Therefore, investing in your child’s early education is important in developing his learning habits and his ability to understand and learn more effectively. Do not waste time, contact our team today and find a suitable tutor as per your request.
More Home Tuition Resources From Our Blog
History as a subject requires a lot of memorization of different names, places, events, and dates which are deemed important and noteworthy. This single reason is why students tend to lean towards other subjects when asked what their favorite subject is. But what if there are ways to improve how to memorize these dates, names places, and events that occurred in the past.