In case of any discrepancy between the different versions of this Policy, the latest updated version in English language will supersede the rest.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT USE OUR WEBSITE.
Collection of Personal Data
In this Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any personal information held by us relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. By using this website, you allow us to collect personal information about you including the following –
1. Your legal name
2. Email address
3. Mobile phone number
4. Personal home or working address
5. Date of Birth
8. Educational qualification
9. Subjects you are interested in teaching
10. Personal image (optional)
11. Softcopies of academic certificates and qualification (optional)
Additionally, we auto-collect some system information including your IP address, web browser type and version, operating system type, browsing history etc. We may also collect additional payment information including the last 4 digits of your credit card, in case you perform any online transaction / booking / purchase in any of our websites.
Your Personal Data is collected by us when you –
1. Access or use any of our websites, open a user account with us, or download and use any of our mobile application (app) or website services;
2. Execute an online transaction/ booking / purchase in any of our websites (directly or indirectly through our third party service providers)
3. Apply for membership in any of our online programmes;
4. Respond to any of our marketing promotions, initiatives or contests;
5. Subscribe and opt-in to receive our regular marketing mailing lists (via email subscription/ SMS/phone calls/ WhatsApp/Telegram);
6. Initiate contact with us by using a “Contact Us” or similar feature on our websites or by interacting with our customer service through email or telephone or in person;
7. Submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
In order to make full utilization of our products and services, kindly ensure that all Personal Data submitted by you is complete, accurate and error-free. While providing information about anyone other than you (your employee/spouse/children for example) you hereby represent and warrant that you have an informed consent from such third party to disclose their personal information.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Your Personal Data may be used by us and our third party service providers in the following manner –
1. To assist you in creating, updating and maintaining your account with us and our associated websites;
2. To assess and personalize your user preferences;
3. To update, maintain and improve our websites;
4. To assist you with the registration of your membership of our programmes and online transactions related to such membership;
5. To encourage your participation in our events, promotions, contests and other marketing initiatives;
6. To provide you with promotional and advertisement material when opted-in with informed consent;
7. To notify you about changes to our service and answer your queries; and
How We Share Your Personal Data
We may share and disclose your Personal Data with third parties in the following situations –
1. With our business partners to offer you certain customized products, services or promotions;
2. With third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, order delivery and marketing assistance;
3. With third parties for joint marketing and/or cross-promotions to the extent permitted by law, provided we have your informed consent (opt-in); and
4. With our professional advisers such as lawyers and auditors when it is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate policy violation, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others.
We disclose only that Personal Data that is necessary for these third parties to deliver their specific service and we take all reasonable measures to ensure they keep your information fully secure and not use it for any other purpose than the one under which it was disclosed. In case any of these third parties are situated outside of Singapore, we confirm that is done in accordance with the applicable laws with appropriate data transfer mechanisms in place.
Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. Cookies help us to keep track of user activities and personalize user experience by remembering relevant user information, product and service preference; by identifying and resolving typical problems with web servers; by customizing and improving contents from our websites to suit your interest and requirements; by procuring aggregated our website usage and visitor statistics; and other related purposes.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our websites may contain hypertext links to other internet websites which are completely independent of this website. We make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such hypertext link and no linking to any other website from this website should be taken as an endorsement of any kind. Please note that we have no control over the availability or security of these third party websites and access to such websites is entirely at your own risk. This Policy will no longer be applicable and we will cease to have any control over your personal information if you decide to visit any such website.
Retention of Information
Your Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Henceforth, Personal Data collected in relation to a contract between you and us will be retained until such contract has been fully performed, whereas Personal Data collected for the purposes of our legitimate business and legal interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. All Personal Data shall be deleted upon the expiry of such applicable retention period. However, in case you decide to unsubscribe from our mailing list or cancel your membership, please note that we may still retain some of your Personal Data in our internal database to the extent permitted by law.
We hold all personal information securely in accordance with the appropriate data protection laws as and where applicable, and implement generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Whilst we strive to use all reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal information which might expose you to serious risk. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit and informed consent.
Accessing and Amending Your Personal Data
FamilyTutor has a “Data Protection Officer” who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and protection of your Personal Data, and can be reached at the following email address:
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Email Address: email@example.com
You are welcome to access, review and modify your Personal data, or opt-out of your consent to our access and use to your Personal Data, at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact details.
We may take up to a maximum of ten (10) business days to process your request to opt-out.
Please note that following a request of opt-out, some or all of our services may be unavailable to you. In case there is any contractual obligation existing at the time of your request to opt-out, the same will be processed after the contract is considered as concluded from both sides. Any use or disclosure of Personal Data made during and for the purpose of fulfilling such contractual obligations cannot be termed as a breach of this agreement. Our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.