Looking For A Dependable Science Home Tutor in Singapore?
FamilyTutor Got You Covered!
- Most Family-Oriented Home Tutors
- Zero Agency Fee
- Every Student In Good Hands
- Highest Level Of Satisfaction
What To Expect From FamilyTutor
1 to 1 Science Tuition Lessons with 100% Focus and Attention
Detailed Explanations and Tips Given By Quality Science Tutors
Ease of Understanding in Complicated Topics for Science
Access to Additional Science Learning Materials and Examination Papers
Learn Science In the Comfort and Safety Of Your Home
Personalised Science Learning Schedule Adapted To Student’s Needs
Increase in Interest and Understanding of Science
Achieve Desired Grades in Science
Select Your Science Tutor From Our Pool of 10,000+ Science Tutors
|Age Group||Type Of Subject||Grade Before Hiring FamilyTutor||After Hiring FamilyTutor For...|
|Average Grade Improvement: -|
|Type Of Subject|
|Grade Before Hiring FamilyTutor|
|After Hiring FamilyTutor For...|
|Average Grade Improvement:||-|
Google Verified Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
Singapore Home Tuition Market Rate
|Part-Time Tutor||Full-Time Tutor||NIE-Trained/School Teacher|
|N1 - K2||$20-$25/hr||$30-$40/hr||$50-$60/hr|
|P1 - P3||$25-$30/hr||$35-$50/hr||$55-$60/hr|
|P4 - P6||$25-$40/hr||$35-$55/hr||$60-$80/hr|
|Sec 1 - Sec 2||$30-$40/hr||$35-$60/hr||$65-$90/hr|
|Sec 3 - Sec 5||$35-$45/hr||$40-$65/hr||$70-$90/hr|
|JC1 - JC2||$50-$60/hr||$55-$80/hr||$80-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 1-6||$30-$45/hr||$35-$60/hr||$70-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 7-10||$35-$50/hr||$40-$70/hr||$75-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 11-12 (Diploma)||$60-$70/hr||$65-$100/hr||$85-$120/hr|
|Diploma / University||$60-$80/hr||$80-$120/hr||-|
We Collaborate With Graduate Or Undergraduate Tutors Of
Too Busy? Not Sure What To Expect From A Home Tuition? Let Us Contact You Instead!
Challenges Faced by Science Students in Singapore
- Lack of proper understanding of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology concepts.
- Students often find it challenging to solve Science-based problems.
- They often face difficulties balancing equations.
- They lack effective memorization techniques when dealing with many concepts.
- Students fail to understand the laws and concepts in their subjects hence cannot conduct proper solutions.
- Science students often face difficulty in performing practical and calculating the proper data.
- They feel challenged when handling large amounts of data given in a question.
- They struggle to effectively analyze and use the data given to solve the problem.
- Fail to explain various concepts efficiently, sometimes even lack the understanding of their corresponding models.
- Students are often confused about the principles in their syllabus as well as lack the proper understanding to apply the concepts to real-world problems.
- They often lack important keywords and phrases in their answer which therefore compromise their marks.
- They struggle to read and understand questions as well as use effective answering techniques to acquire proper marks.
- Students often fail to finish their paper due to the absence of effective exam strategies.
- Many students are unclear about data booklets and how to efficiently use them in the paper.
Benefits of Engaging a Science
Benefits of Engaging Science Home Tuition
Often times in their school lessons, students cannot speak up about their problems or doubts about the fear of being ridiculed by fellow peers. However, with private tuitions, students are provided with the undivided attention from their tutors hence clearing any misconceptions they may have on the spot. This consistent help is given according to a personalized schedule developed by the tutor himself. The schedule is designed to improve the student’s weaknesses and ensure that he is taught all concepts according to his own learning style.
When it comes to acquiring and perfecting concepts, one needs to have immense practice in Science before they can effortlessly practice those very concepts. But the initial guidance is provided by tutors, who not only supply their students with resources and notes which will help in them solidifying their concept but also assist throughout their practice and correct any mistakes that they make. We, at FamilyTutor, engage top-tier tutors who fully support your child throughout their learning process in hopes to perfect all their methods and concepts prior to the examination date.
With consistent help and improvements in their Science class, students start to follow up with what is being taught in school. This improvement and understanding of current lessons can give them confidence in their classes to ask and answer questions. Furthermore, this confidence can also encourage them to study and catch up with other subjects and do well in their overall year.
Pre-school home tuition will give your child an exposure of talking to new and unfamiliar people. This could lead to the child developing their social skills and learn how to converse with other peers and teachers. Hence, private tuition can ensure that your child develops the ability to speak up and speak out in their lessons or any other situations.
Committed tutors engage and indulge students with practical views of their theoretical concepts as well as fun and interesting facts about them. These can encourage a student to take more interest in the subject as well as be eager to learn more. Furthermore, with interest, students are indirectly motivated to do better in their studies and spend their free time reading and learning more about it. This positive and enthusiastic attitude is very beneficial for a learning child as it encourages them to learn ahead and perform better.
It is very critical that the tutor and student have good communication and understanding between them. A closer connection can help the child better understand the concepts being taught as well as allow him to freely inquire about any doubts or problems he may have. Furthermore, with their immense experience, tutors have very professional and helpful advice they can give to children in regards of both their current class as well as future decisions the student has to make i.e. subject combinations, career options etc.
Choosing The Right Science Home Tutor
Important Qualities to Look For In A Science Home Tutor
- A trained and experienced tutor is capable of teaching your child as effectively as possible thus it is critical to check a tutor’s experience and qualifications in Science before you hire them. There are three types of tutors, MOE & NIE trained tutors are certified and qualified to teach students Science in proper relevance to the given MOE syllabus. However, the part-time and full-time tutors have developed their experiences by teaching the subject to various students as well as their personal experience in qualifying the paper themselves. Hence, it is very important to understand the type of tutor as well as study their qualifications to see whether they are capable or not to teach your child.
- We, at FamilyTutor agency, provide detailed profiles for all tutors we recommend. We ease your selection process by giving in extreme detail the type of tutor as well as their relevant grades in the requested area.
- A good tutor is up to date with the current MOE syllabus and its yearly alterations and does good to adapt to these changes so they can further teach their students accordingly. Furthermore, a tutor should be well-versed in the new examination and syllabus changes made once the MOE syllabus is updated. Furthermore, they should be able to develop certain techniques to teach the new content as well as master the examinations. Thus, it is very important to gauge at a tutors experience and qualifications and test whether he knows how to best prepare your child for his exams.
- Science is a core subject taught throughout all levels of the Singaporean education system, thus many tutors begin to teach multiple levels to students which may not necessarily be bad but rather time-wasting because the child needs to ace the given level first. Therefore, finding a tutor having experience teaching the same level is more beneficial for your child’s education as the tutor would know how to teach according to the given content. Furthermore, tutors having experience teaching children of the same levels will be well-aware of the mistakes that students make and how to rectify them. In addition to this, tutors can teach students how to use effective answering strategies such as keywords and phrases which will reward them the maximum marks.
- With years of experience, tutors come to acquire and accumulate a large resource bank, filled with practice questions, exam papers, notes and concise mind maps. All these resources are very beneficial for students in their practice of the questions and concepts as well as their memorization and revision in the last few months. Hence, an important characteristic to look for in tutors you are hiring should be their ability to access and provide these resources.
- Passionate tutors are very beneficial for your child and their education, ones who devoted and committed to teaching your child as well as passionate about the subject in their own right. Their passion and interest slowly transfer to your child’s and hence his interest to further study the subject in great detail. Furthermore, tutors who are devoted will consistently provide your children help regardless of whether the question arises in the scheduled time. It should also be noted most devoted teachers can easily build a good relationship with your child and hence allowing them to freely ask and answer questions in their lessons. This commitment can also turn into long term, from teaching your child for only a year, their tutors sometimes commit long term to your child’s education.
- We understand that passionate and committed teachers are hard to come to buy thus we at FamilyTutor agency aim to provide effective communication between the client and the tutor so you can gauge the trait for yourself. We give our clients the privilege to interview our tutors as many times he wishes and to place forth their expectations, this can all be done before finalizing the tuition arrangements.
- Tutors, with their experience and training, can easily identify the weaknesses and strengths of students within the first few lessons. It is an important quality to have in your hired tutor since with the identified weaknesses, a tutor can simply design a personalized plan which would best suit the student and improve his learning gaps.
- Our agency’s Science private tutors are trained and capable of identifying your child’s mistakes and weaknesses and devising effective methods which would considerably improve their step backs.
- The top Science private tutors of Singapore would have obviously collected multiple testimonials from previous clients and students. These testimonials can highlight their strengths and capabilities. Furthermore, with reference to multiple recommendations and positive feedbacks, new clients are ensured of their abilities to improve your child’s grade as well as how safe they are to engage for home tuition.
- We at FamilyTutor agency provide testimonials of all our recommended tutors to guarantee that you are hiring a trustworthy and expert tutor for your child’s education.
Making Well-Informed Decisions
Importance of Getting Science Home Tuition
- There are different courses students can take in their further education varying from Science, art, or hybrid. If a student wishes to select the Science stream for his further education, he must have a good understanding of scientific concepts before the time comes. Doing well and excelling in Science subjects can be made easier with hiring a private Science tutor for your child. This will give him the chance to perfect the concept and establish a stronghold over the subject before he begins his later education. It should also be noted that students going into the art stream will also require the concept of Science since they administer what happens in our everyday lives.
- Diploma programs in the university such as medical, engineering and Science consider a student’s past Science grades very highly, thus, to enter such programs a student needs to have good grades in secondary school and junior college. Furthermore, these programs also teach deeper concepts of Science hence a student should have solid concepts from their education prior to entering university.
- Since the syllabus of the Singaporean education system is interlinked within its various levels, students need to concentrate on their core subjects in order to achieve good grades when deeper content is taught at a higher level. Thus, hiring a private Science tutor as early as possible will ensure that a student develops solid concepts and doesn’t hold any misconceptions in the future.
- Science, with its expansive syllabus and content, is filled with various laws and concepts that students struggle to understand. This lack of understanding of the concept further affects a student’s ability to apply it during calculations. However, hiring a Science tutor can help students solidify and understand their concepts well along with helping them practice various methods to apply when solving problems.
Best Science Home Tuition in Singapore
Enjoy Science Tuition at the convenience of your home today. FamilyTutor provides Science Home Tuition all across Singapore. Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today with us!
The #1 Science Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
FamilyTutor engages and provides high quality and experienced Science private tutors to students on multiple levels. These tutors are qualified and trained in identifying a child’s weaknesses and develop strategic plans which would improve them. Furthermore, our tutors are devoted and committed to helping children learn various scientific concepts according to their own learning style. It should be noted that we recommend MOE & NIE certified tutors who are specially trained to teach students the subject with reference to the MOE syllabus and the examination criteria. Furthermore, we also select experienced part-time and full-time tutors who have excellent grades in the Science subjects that you have requested thus ensuring their ability to teach your child the correct concepts as well as advise them of certain tricks which will give them the maximum marks. I would also like to bring to your attention our many Science private tutors who have shown amazing results in their past students. Request one of our tutors from FamilyTutor agency today and brighten your child’s future education!!
The importance of the subject was highlighted by our Prime Minister Lee Hsien. He spoke of how these jobs are important for small countries like Singapore, where technological advancements can help a country prosper and not succumb to its limited resources. Hence a basic understanding of Science is very important and encouraged. Contact our hospitable team today and brighten your countries and your child’s future.
More Home Tuition Resources From Our Blog
History as a subject requires a lot of memorization of different names, places, events, and dates which are deemed important and noteworthy. This single reason is why students tend to lean towards other subjects when asked what their favorite subject is. But what if there are ways to improve how to memorize these dates, names places, and events that occurred in the past.