O-Level Chemistry Tuition
Looking For A Dependable
O-Level Chemistry Home Tutor in Singapore?
FamilyTutor Got You Covered!
- Most Family-Oriented Home Tutors
- Zero Agency Fee
- Every Student In Good Hands
- Highest Level Of Satisfaction
What To Expect From FamilyTutor
1 to 1 Private O Level Chemistry Lessons Catered to Student’s Needs
Targeted Chemistry Practice to Help Students Overcome their Weaker Topics
Access to Additional Practice Papers for Revision
Simple Explanation of Concepts in Chemistry and Application of these Concepts at the Student’s Pace
Learn from the Comfort and Safety of Your Home
Targeted Learning Schedule to Fully Prepare Students for O Levels
Increased Confidence and Passion for O-Level Chemistry
Witness Improvements in Your O-Level Chemistry Results
Select from the Best of 5,000+ O Level Chemistry Tutors in Our Database
|Age Group||Type Of Subject||Grade Before Hiring FamilyTutor||After Hiring FamilyTutor For...|
|Average Grade Improvement: -|
|Type Of Subject|
|Grade Before Hiring FamilyTutor|
|After Hiring FamilyTutor For...|
|Average Grade Improvement:||-|
Google Verified Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
Singapore Home Tuition Market Rate
|Part-Time Tutor||Full-Time Tutor||NIE-Trained/School Teacher|
|N1 - K2||$20-$25/hr||$30-$40/hr||$50-$60/hr|
|P1 - P3||$25-$30/hr||$35-$50/hr||$55-$60/hr|
|P4 - P6||$25-$40/hr||$35-$55/hr||$60-$80/hr|
|Sec 1 - Sec 2||$30-$40/hr||$35-$60/hr||$65-$90/hr|
|Sec 3 - Sec 5||$35-$45/hr||$40-$65/hr||$70-$90/hr|
|JC1 - JC2||$50-$60/hr||$55-$80/hr||$80-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 1-6||$30-$45/hr||$35-$60/hr||$70-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 7-10||$35-$50/hr||$40-$70/hr||$75-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 11-12 (Diploma)||$60-$70/hr||$65-$100/hr||$85-$120/hr|
|Diploma / University||$60-$80/hr||$80-$120/hr||-|
We Collaborate With Graduate Or Undergraduate Tutors Of
Too Busy? Not Sure What To Expect From A Home Tuition? Let Us Contact You Instead!
Challenges Faced by O-Level Chemistry Students in Singapore
- Students often face problems when designing and describing experiments used for purification and ion detection
- They lack basic concepts such as chemical bonding thus making them unable to explain them and their types clearly
- Students cannot grasp difficult concepts such as acid-base equations and organic Chemistry
- They find it challenging constructing equations and balancing them for redox reactions
- Due to lack of practice, they fail to answer questions according to the marking scheme criteria
- Confused and overwhelmed by the huge memorization workload in O-Level Chemistry
- Lack the basic understanding when it comes to solving questions for thermochemistry and reaction kinetics
- They often struggle when memorizing trends and patterns in the periodic table
- Lack of important keywords and phrases in answers compromise their marks
- Due to lack of effective exam strategies, students fail to finish the paper
- Chemistry students often do not know how to use the data booklet when solving questions in their exam.
Benefits of Engaging an O-Level Chemistry Home Tutor
Benefits of Engaging O-Level Chemistry Home Tuition
Private tutors aim to help the child in his O-Level Chemistry as effectively as possible. This entails clearing their doubts and misconceptions in the course and answering questions about the topic that they are studying in school. Most students do not ask their teachers questions in class for the fear of being taunted by fellow classmates, however, with private tutors students are comfortable to ask and answer questions to clear their problems. Furthermore, tutors help students to catch up with their O-Level Chemistry lessons happening in school, thus giving them an understanding of what’s going on in their class.
Private tutors come with additional practice and revision materials for their students giving them an edge over their peers at school. These resources can help with a child’s last-minute revision for their O-Level Chemistry exams i.e. formula sheets or topic notes. Furthermore, tutors can also provide past papers to their students which they review after the students are done so the student is aware of the mistakes he makes and does well to improve on them so as to not repeat them in their final exam.
Chemistry concepts are often very complex and difficult to grasp from most students. However, with hiring a private tutor, they can break down complex concepts into simpler more understandable chunks of data that are easily understood. Furthermore, Chemistry tutors identify their students learning gaps and work to improve on them throughout the sessions with the help of targeted lessons and customized questions. This would ensure that the child is fully prepped in time for his official O-Level Chemistry exam.
Students often get bored when learning concepts from a PowerPoint or the teacher’s notes. With hiring a private tutor, you are ensured that your child is actually enjoying his lessons. This is due to the fact that Chemistry tutors have studied the topic in more depth and thus by showing the children real-life applications of their concepts, they can instil life into the “boring” subject. Furthermore, tutors have effective and interesting ways to teach concepts such as explaining through diagrams and illustrations, this would make the children more interested in Chemistry as well as motivating them to learn more.
The years of experience of studying and teaching in the Singaporean education system gives tutors various advice that could help their O-Level Chemistry students. From providing tips and tricks on how to acquire good marks in the paper to giving them good advice about their future career path and the grades they will need to get there. Furthermore, tutors often know what their students are capable of hence the advice they give in terms of university fields or subject combinations would be accurate and useful for both children and parents concerned for their child’s future.
Choosing The Right O-Level Chemistry Home Tutor
Important Qualities to Look For In An O-Level Chemistry Home Tutor
- There are different types of O-Level Chemistry tutors such as MOE & NIE tutors, part-time tutors and full-time tutors. However, when looking for a capable O-Level Chemistry tutor it is important to look at experiences rather than qualifications. Knowing the content and teaching the content are two completely different things. For MOE and NIE trained tutors, you need gauge at their experience of teaching in government schools, this would enhance their capability of teaching your child. Furthermore, part-time tutors and full-time tutors provide their grades that they earned in O-Level Chemistry, this would ensure parents of how strong their concepts are as well as how effectively they can tackle examination questions. All of these are carefully considered before hiring a tutor for your child.
- FamilyTutor has an effective and detailed tutor selection process. We help our clients by giving detailed profiles for each of our recommended tutors where we clearly list their qualifications and any relevant grands they may have in Chemistry.
- The MOE syllabus consistently changes and hence this also applies to O-Level Chemistry. The alterations made affect the content and the examination format that would be included and so adapting and learning according to these changes is very important. Therefore, when looking for a tutor, it is important to find one who has a close relation to the MOE syllabus and can work according to these changes.
- We at FamilyTutor understand the worry that parents have in their children learning the right content, therefore, we provide detail profiles including various characteristics which will ensure our clients that the tutors are familiar with the latest MOE syllabus and are effective enough to devise strategies to work around these changes.
- An important requirement to have when hiring a tutor is their experience in teaching the exact level and subject that your child is currently in. This would enhance their ability to teach the right content and examination format. Furthermore, with experience tutors come to recognize common mistakes that students make in the paper and hence have multiple strategies to rectify them so they don’t make the same mistakes in their official exam.
- Here at FamilyTutor, we recommend those tutors who have current or prior experience teaching O-Level Chemistry to students. Through this, we ensure our clients the tutor’s capability of teaching the child the accurate information and concepts.
- Good and effective tutors do not only have experience and the qualifications to teach O-Level Chemistry but also a collection of practice papers and notes they’ve collected throughout their years of teaching. Sometimes, parents specifically request their tutors to have such resources as they greatly aid a student in their last weeks of revision. Furthermore, dedicated tutors customize questions and notes according to their children in order to help them effectively memorize their course in the last few weeks before the exams.
- FamilyTutor aids your selection process for a suitable tutor by recommending tutors who have these resources available for their students.
- It is very important to find a tutor who is committed to teaching and devoted to getting your child to improve. This would mean that they would consider the child’s achievements as their own and work hard to see a good output. Furthermore, look for tutors who are readily committed to the arranged timings to ensure that they will provide consistent help to your child. Aside from that, project commitment should be mutually agreed upon, as most tutors walk out before the duration has finished leaving a negative impact on the child’s education.
- FamilyTutor facilitates communication between you and your tutor so issues such as commitment and expectations can be discussed. Furthermore, with communication, tutors know exactly what the clients expect such as target grades or long term commitment and so respective actions can be taken to ensure that these expectations are met.
- No matter what subject or level is being discussed, good tutors can identify a child’s weaknesses and their learning gaps and follow effective methods to improve on them. Therefore, when looking for a tutor an important quality to judge is their quickness in identifying said weaknesses as well as what effective methods they carry out to help your child improve. Common methods used are personalized plans, targeted lessons of additional practice materials. Furthermore, O-Level Chemistry tutors, with their years of experience, come to recognize specific topics that children find difficult and thus work very hard on teaching these concepts in ways that the child can easily understand.
- FamilyTutor caters the best O-Level Chemistry tutors in Singapore hence they are extremely well-versed and capable of finding a student’s step-backs during the first few lessons and using various strategies to help the students rectify and improve on them.
- The best O-Level Chemistry tutors you will find will have a huge list of testimonials showcasing their many strengths and their capability of teaching your child. Hence when looking for a tutor, testimonials can help you decide whether they are effective in improving your child’s grades as well as ensuring new clients of their capability in teaching O-Level Chemistry.
- Here at FamilyTutor we specifically indicate whether a tutor has testimonials or not. Furthermore, we include their recommendations within their profiles so the client can carefully select a suitable tutor for themselves.
Making Well-Informed Decisions
Importance of Getting O-Level Chemistry Home Tuition
- Having a good command over the topics taught in O-Level Chemistry allows students to pursue other subjects such as biology and Combined biology. Hence the subject becomes an important prerequisite for other core science subjects.
- Effective O-Level Chemistry tutors will help in clearing your misconceptions and doubts as well as devising a plan which would provide targeted help to improve any weaknesses you may have. This consistent help will ensure that you are fully prepared for your final exam.
- A-Level Chemistry includes advanced and complex concepts which are all based on the basic concepts taught in O-Level Chemistry. Therefore, with the help of a private tutor, you can be certain that you will have solid concepts in O-Levels thus, having an easier transition when you learn more advanced topics in junior college.
- Most Chemistry students struggle to understand the complex concepts in O-Level Chemistry such as organic Chemistry and acid-base reactions. However, with the help of a private tutor, you can have expert support and help in learning and mastering these concepts.
- A-Level Chemistry is an important requirement for students wishing to apply for fields such as biomedical engineering or medicine. Therefore, to score well in A-Level Chemistry students must have a strong command over the O-Level Chemistry concepts. This can be ensured by hiring an effective O-Level Chemistry tutor.
Best O-Level Chemistry Home Tuition in Singapore
Enjoy O-Level Chemistry Tuition at the convenience of your home today. FamilyTutor provides O-Level Chemistry Home Tuition all across Singapore. Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today with us!
The #1 O-Level Chemistry Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
Our agency understands the worries of Chemistry students who cannot easily grasp concepts and fail to interpret common Chemistry questions and answer them correctly. Therefore, we recommend experienced and committed tutors to the struggling O-Level Chemistry students. These tutors are patient and kind, they are qualified and capable of teaching you the most difficult topics included in your syllabus. Furthermore, we are proud to mention our very positive track record for helping O-Level Chemistry students improve their grades to A1 or A2 with the help of our effective tutors. Therefore, don’t waste time, register with our agency and hire a promising and devoted O-Level Chemistry tutor to prep you for your O-Level exam.
According to the University of Wisconsin, Chemistry is a central subject, its concepts used throughout the science subjects making it an essential and important qualification to have. Therefore, avail our services today and receive tutoring from one of the best O-Level Chemistry tutors in Singapore.
More Home Tuition Resources From Our Blog
History as a subject requires a lot of memorization of different names, places, events, and dates which are deemed important and noteworthy. This single reason is why students tend to lean towards other subjects when asked what their favorite subject is. But what if there are ways to improve how to memorize these dates, names places, and events that occurred in the past.