Looking For A Dependable English Home Tutor in Singapore?
FamilyTutor Got You Covered!
- Most Family-Oriented Home Tutors
- Zero Agency Fee
- Every Student In Good Hands
- Highest Level Of Satisfaction
What To Expect From FamilyTutor
1 to 1 English Home Tuition Catered to Student’s Needs and Learning Progress
Quality Explanations And Tips For Every Component of English
Access To A Variety Of Exercises and Past Year Papers From Top Schools
Gain Insights To Scoring in English, Including Writing and Comprehension
Feel Safe Learning English At Your Convenience In Your Home
Receive Consolidated English Summary Notes and Materials
Increase Interest And Understanding Of English As A Subject
Improvement In Your English Academic Grades
Pick Your Ideal English Tutor From Our Pool of 12,000+ Experienced English Tutors
|Age Group||Type Of Subject||Grade Before Hiring FamilyTutor||After Hiring FamilyTutor For...|
|Average Grade Improvement: -|
|Type Of Subject|
|Grade Before Hiring FamilyTutor|
|After Hiring FamilyTutor For...|
|Average Grade Improvement:||-|
Google Verified Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
Singapore Home Tuition Market Rate
|Part-Time Tutor||Full-Time Tutor||NIE-Trained/School Teacher|
|N1 - K2||$20-$25/hr||$30-$40/hr||$50-$60/hr|
|P1 - P3||$25-$30/hr||$35-$50/hr||$55-$60/hr|
|P4 - P6||$25-$40/hr||$35-$55/hr||$60-$80/hr|
|Sec 1 - Sec 2||$30-$40/hr||$35-$60/hr||$65-$90/hr|
|Sec 3 - Sec 5||$35-$45/hr||$40-$65/hr||$70-$90/hr|
|JC1 - JC2||$50-$60/hr||$55-$80/hr||$80-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 1-6||$30-$45/hr||$35-$60/hr||$70-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 7-10||$35-$50/hr||$40-$70/hr||$75-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 11-12 (Diploma)||$60-$70/hr||$65-$100/hr||$85-$120/hr|
|Diploma / University||$60-$80/hr||$80-$120/hr||-|
We Collaborate With Graduate Or Undergraduate Tutors Of
Too Busy? Not Sure What To Expect From A Home Tuition? Let Us Contact You Instead!
Challenges Faced by English Students in Singapore
- Students often struggle using accurate grammar and good vocabulary in their writing.
- English Students often lack practice in their oral English skills and have trouble pronouncing words accurately.
- Students find comprehension challenging and cannot correctly understand and answer questions.
- They often find it difficult to summarize a given text in their paper.
- Due to the lack of practicing comprehensions, students fail to understand the right meaning of important sentences in the given passage.
- Students often find it difficult to learn and memorize various topics which can help in the essays in their paper.
- English students in Singapore often lack the right guidance to improve their essay skills and correctly use the English Language.
- They lack strong command over the English Language thus fail to effectively answer questions.
- Students often get overwhelmed when learning about their essays and fail to memorize current affairs which can help in their composition paper.
Benefits of Engaging an English
Benefits of Engaging English Home Tuition
All students struggle in their course, most Singaporean students face this struggle in their English subject. As English is very important for a child to take and can aid them to better understand other subjects as well as ensuring that they develop good communication skills for later life. However, many students lack the practice and understanding of English concepts to get good grades in each part i.e. composition comprehension, oral communication and listening. With private English home tutors, parents are ensured that their child is acquiring expert help who targets their weak areas and does well to improve on them. Furthermore, English home tutors provide guidance and targeted help so the student improves in all components of the subject.
English is often difficult to acquire good scores in as its marking depends solely on the examiner. Therefore, good command over the language as well as high regard for the marking scheme is very important. English home tutors have various qualifications which allow them to teach your child the right skills as well as effective answering techniques which greatly favor the marking criteria. This can ensure that your child gets a good grade in his English paper.
English requires practice such as writing essays, working of comprehension as well as talking and listening in English. This practice can be provided by effective and committed English home tutors who not only converse with students in English to help in their fluency and pronunciations but also provide resources to help them practice comprehensions and essays. To save the students from wasting time researching materials to help them in essays, tutors can provide good notes about all current affairs. Furthermore, they can also have access to past papers from different schools which their students can use to practice answering questions and summarizing a given passage.
English is the main language used in Singapore for conversing and communicating with colleagues, teachers and students. Therefore, with hiring a private tutor, the student can have a strong command over the language thus ensuring that the student has effective communication skills which he can use for writing and speaking in later life. This essential skill can increase a child’s confidence and allow him to readily communicate with others as well as express his concepts accurately in subjects such as science and social studies.
English home tutors can instil a passion in their students for the language and its usage. Through effective tuition, students will be able to better understand the current issues around the world as well as be able to use the language to express their opinions effectively. Furthermore, the passion for the subject can greatly motivate a student to develop good academic habits i.e. reading and writing along with ensuring that he is more interested in his lessons.
English home tutors not only help to teach the subject but work to improve the child’s skills in all aspects thus ensuring that he undergoes a maximum improvement and that he acquires good grades in the final exam. They can also recommend various helpful tips and materials that their students can use in the last days. Aside from helping a student in the subject, tutors can be great mentors. With their years of experience, they can guide their students about important life-decisions such as subject combinations for A-Levels, university courses that the student should partake in as well as suitable career options.
Choosing The Right English Home Tutor
Important Qualities to Look For In An English Home Tutor
- When looking for an effective tutor for your child, it is critical that you hire one who has extreme potential in the subject and can teach the right concepts included in the English Language. To differentiate between suitable tutors is their qualification in the English Language. MOE tutors have undergone effective training and have immense knowledge of how to teach the language according to the MOE objectives. Whereas part-time and full-time tutors have either personal experience to acquire good English grades or a degree in English literature. Therefore, enhancing their capability to teach your child the right content and examination pattern
- FamilyTutor carefully examines and recommends tutors which best fit our client’s requests. We also provide detailed tutor profiles which enlist a certain tutor’s academic qualifications and important grades in the English subject.
- Although qualifications enhance the ability to teach students the language, the experience of tutoring the same levels ensures that they are able to teach the right content and examination pattern to students. Therefore, when looking for a tutor, be sure to hire one who has ample experience teaching the level your child is currently in. This will allow him to pass on the right knowledge as well as teach your child how to best tackle questions at that level.
- FamilyTutor understands the struggles parent face when looking for effective and helpful tutors. Therefore, we recommend tutors with current or prior experience in teaching the level you have requested. Furthermore, we also provide these details in a tutors profile so parents can carefully select a suitable tutor.
- To provide effective tuition and help improve grades, tutors need to be aware of the exact content being taught as well as the criteria at which marks will be awarded in the paper. Therefore, look for a tutor who has immense knowledge of the latest MOE syllabus as this would ensure that they can teach the right concepts and important tricks to tackle examination questions and score high marks.
- In our agency, we aim to provide and recommend effective tutors for our clients. Therefore, FamilyTutor engages tutors who have immense knowledge of the latest MOE syllabus and can incorporate these changes in their teaching to fully prepare a child for his final exam.
- Often times, students get overwhelmed when attempting their comprehension or composition papers due to their lack of practice in these areas. However, private tutors can provide their students with additional practice materials to help with their essays and comprehension. Hence, when looking for a tutor, it is important to find one who can provide notes to help your child in essays and past papers to help them practice comprehension skills.
- FamilyTutor carefully examines the tutors and pinpoints the ones who have these resources in their possession and can provide them to your child thus increasing the amount of practice he has before his paper.
- Most children learn at different paces and unique styles, this can pose to be a problem for students studying in IB schools as they would be overwhelmed by the fast pace and the competitive environment. Thus, when looking for a tutor to help your child, you must ensure that he is able to dedicate to the child and his education. This devotion to the child means that the tutor is prepared to work and teach at the child’s learning pace and according to his style. Furthermore, a committed tutor will abide by the tuition timings as well as the project duration. Abiding by strict timing ensures consistent help given to the child and immense improvement in their grades.
- English requires good basic skills i.e. grammar and vocabulary. Therefore, a student’s needs to have a good command over these skills to ace their paper. English home tutors begin their lessons with a stern focus on these skills, this is done in order to find a child’s weak areas and help improve them through targeted help. Therefore, when looking for a tutor, it is essential to find one with this quality as it encourages holistic development in a child’s English. Therefore, find a tutor who can help your child improve in all aspects and consistently work to bridge his learning gaps.
- FamilyTutor recommends only the best tutors in Singapore, thus they are well-versed in how to spot a child’s weaknesses as well as provide specific help that could improve it.
- Testimonials can aid in finding a suitable and effective tutor. Most English home tutors have come to accumulate good feedback and testimonials from their past clients highlighting their abilities and strengths. Therefore, when looking for an effective tutor, it could help to look at their testimonials as you can carefully examine their effectiveness in all areas be it providing resources, being committed, patient and of course their ability to help improve grades.
- FamilyTutor understands how to recommend tutors that fit the client’s criteria. Therefore, we make a note to highlight tutors who have numerous testimonials thus proving that they are effective and safe to engage with.
Making Well-Informed Decisions
Importance of Getting English Home Tuition
- English is used throughout Singapore in all levels be it in workplaces or the education system. Therefore, a student needs to have a strong command over the language to be able to effectively use it in all areas of his current and later life. Hiring a private tutor can ensure that your child undergoes comprehensive development and is able to speak, write and listen in English accurately.
- It is no secret that the Singaporean education system relies on English within all of its levels. Hence being able to understand and write in English can help students in subjects such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, and social students. To ensure that a child can ace both English and other subjects without any hurdles, 1-to-1 private tuition can help a child properly learn the language as well as correctly implement it where needed.
- Not only the education system but universities consider the English Language to be essential skill students are required to have. Therefore, before entering university students are bound to take a QET, a test that ensures their capability to use the language. If a child fails to do so, they have to take an important module in their university course. To help with an easier transition to university, English home tutors can help students develop this skill and be able to practice it in later life.
- English concepts such as grammar and vocabulary can help a student in their academic life. Aside from this, the English paper throughout the levels has similar content. Therefore, 1-to-1 private tuition can help students in developing a good vocabulary and ensuring that they can pass and attempt their future English papers without any hassle.
- To score a high grade in English is quite difficult without proper understanding and fluency in speaking and writing. However, 1-to-1 private tuition can greatly assist a student in practicing their skills so they can effortlessly use them in their paper.
Best English Home Tuition in Singapore
Enjoy English Tuition at the convenience of your home today. FamilyTutor provides English Home Tuition all across Singapore. Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today with us!
The #1 English Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
FamilyTutor understands how difficult it is to master and perfect a second language. Therefore, we empathize with the students and provide a range of qualified and experienced English home tutors such as MOE & NIE trained, full-time and part-time tutors. Our recommended tutors can help students learn according to the MOE syllabus and develop certain skills in writing, speaking and listening, all of which will help them in their English exam. Furthermore, with their experiences, our tutors have immense training in teaching the subject and impressive English grades enhancing their capability to teach the struggling students. You can gauge at our testimonials to see how effective the tutors really are and how well they can help in improving your command over the English Language.
English is spoken in more than 45 countries and thus is an important skill to have to ensure effective communication as written by the Telegraph. Therefore, don’t waste time, invest in your child’s English today and watch him prosper in his life. Request a committed and experienced tutor from FamilyTutor to increase his fluency and ability to use the English Language.
More Home Tuition Resources From Our Blog
History as a subject requires a lot of memorization of different names, places, events, and dates which are deemed important and noteworthy. This single reason is why students tend to lean towards other subjects when asked what their favorite subject is. But what if there are ways to improve how to memorize these dates, names places, and events that occurred in the past.