Looking For A Dependable Tamil Home Tutor in Singapore
FamilyTutor Got You Covered!
- Most Family-Oriented Home Tutors
- Zero Agency Fee
- Every Student In Good Hands
- Highest Level Of Satisfaction
What To Expect From FamilyTutor
1 to 1 Tamil Home Tuition Catered to Student’s Needs and Learning Progress
Quality Explanations And Tips For Every Component of the Tamil Language Subject
Access To A Variety Of Exercises and Past Year Papers From Top Schools
Gain Insights To Scoring in Tamil, Including Writing and Comprehension
Feel Safe Learning Tamil At Your Convenience In Your Home
Receive Consolidated Tamil Summary Notes and Materials
Increase Interest And Understanding Of Tamil As A Subject
Improvement In Your Tamil Language and Writing Comprehension
Pick Your Ideal Tamil Tutor From Our Pool of 12,000+ Experienced Tamil Tutors
|Age Group||Type Of Subject||Grade Before Hiring FamilyTutor||After Hiring FamilyTutor For...|
|Average Grade Improvement: -|
|Type Of Subject|
|Grade Before Hiring FamilyTutor|
|After Hiring FamilyTutor For...|
|Average Grade Improvement:||-|
Google Verified Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
Singapore Home Tuition Market Rate
|Part-Time Tutor||Full-Time Tutor||NIE-Trained/School Teacher|
|N1 - K2||$20-$25/hr||$30-$40/hr||$50-$60/hr|
|P1 - P3||$25-$30/hr||$35-$50/hr||$55-$60/hr|
|P4 - P6||$25-$40/hr||$35-$55/hr||$60-$80/hr|
|Sec 1 - Sec 2||$30-$40/hr||$35-$60/hr||$65-$90/hr|
|Sec 3 - Sec 5||$35-$45/hr||$40-$65/hr||$70-$90/hr|
|JC1 - JC2||$50-$60/hr||$55-$80/hr||$80-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 1-6||$30-$45/hr||$35-$60/hr||$70-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 7-10||$35-$50/hr||$40-$70/hr||$75-$120/hr|
|IB Grade 11-12 (Diploma)||$60-$70/hr||$65-$100/hr||$85-$120/hr|
|Diploma / University||$60-$80/hr||$80-$120/hr||-|
We Collaborate With Graduate Or Undergraduate Tutors Of
Too Busy? Not Sure What To Expect From A Home Tuition? Let Us Contact You Instead!
Challenges Faced by Tamil Students in Singapore
- Students often lack practice in their skills in Tamil i.e. speaking, listening and writing
- They have poor command over the language mainly due to bad vocabulary and grammar skills
- Students often do not know the right pronunciation of words in Tamil
- Since they are not fluent in speaking, students struggle to voice their thoughts in their oral communication paper
- They often find comprehension challenging and cannot correctly understand and answer the given questions
- Students often struggle to use effective answering techniques in their paper
- They have trouble finding someone to converse with them in Tamil on a daily basis
- Due to poor time management, students fail to complete the paper.
Benefits of Engaging a Tamil Home Tutor
Benefits of Engaging Tamil Home Tuition
Most schools in Singapore do not offer Tamil in their course, therefore restricting Tamil students to learn and study it effectively. However, with private Tamil tuition, you can be assured that your child is giving his time to the language and has expert help to guide him. Furthermore, tutors design personalized plans which work according to the child’s learning style and help to improve his weak areas.
Tamil tutors are well-versed in highlighting a student’s learning gaps and providing targeted help to improve on them. With conversing with them all day to building up their vocabulary to even recommending stories and dramas so they can learn the right pronunciations, Tamil tutors work hard to improve all of their components so the child is ready and prepared by the time of his paper.
Probably the biggest benefit of private tuition is access to additional practice materials. These materials greatly help a child practice his answering techniques and grammar. Aside from that, practice materials can be used by students to get exposure to different types of questions as well as familiarize them with the examination format they will have to work in. These materials can also be compiled notes which discuss current affairs and general issues and can greatly help children in their essays.
Once a child starts to better understand the language and how to practically use it, he gains more interest and confidence. This confidence allows him to practice his speaking and writing skills more often and encourages him to work harder in his preparation for the Tamil exam. Furthermore, the added understanding of the language allows them to correctly use Tamil which indirectly helps in scoring good grades.
Tamil tutors, like many others, have immense experience working in the Singaporean education system. Therefore, they are well aware of good university courses and career options that a child can take. Furthermore, when teaching students, they start to form a comfortable and trusting environment where the child can inquire about any issues he has while the tutor can advise him how to tackle them. Therefore, dream goals, subject combinations and university courses can be a common discussion between a tutor and their students.
Choosing The Right Tamil Home Tutor
Important Qualities to Look For In A Tamil Home Tutor
- Dedication and commitment are really important qualities to have in your tutor, as a dedicated Tamil tutor would be committed to teaching your child. This enhances the ability to improve grades in a short time as the tutor is willing to put in their best to help the child overcome his step backs in the language. Furthermore, a dedicated tutor will fully commit to the decided timings and the project duration and this ensures that the tutor will provide consistent help to your child. Hence before finalizing a tutor to help your child in Tamil, you should be certain that they are dedicated to teaching your child as well as committed to the given timings.
- FamilyTutor knows that many tutors walk out before the project has finished. This has a negative impact on a child’s education. However, our agency does well to provide effective and committed tutors for your child.
- Every language has a set of foundational skills and with developing these skills a child can acquire proficiency in the language. For example, Tamil language students need to have a strong command over the basic vocabulary, grammar, writing and reading skills to ensure that they can use them effectively and thus are fluent in their speaking and writing. Furthermore, excellent tutors can identify and pinpoint the topics or components that your child struggles in. After which they provide effective targeted help to improve on these components. Therefore, when looking for a tutor it is important to hire one who has immense expertise in the foundational skills of the language and can help your child develop them too. Furthermore, your tutor should also be able to highlight and improve on your child’s weaknesses.
- FamilyTutor engages tutors who are highly experienced and fluent in the Tamil language. Through this and their tutor profiles, we ensure our clients that they are capable of bringing out the best in your child as well as helping him improve in Tamil in his all components.
- When dealing with languages, it is important to hire a tutor who can fluently speak and write in Tamil and can pass that knowledge on to your children. You can judge this by their qualifications. It should be noted that there are 3 categories of tutors; MOE tutors, full-time tutors and part-time tutors, all of which vary in their qualifications in Tamil. MOE tutors are specially trained to teach the language to students in regard to the MOE syllabus and examination criteria. Whereas, full-time tutors have important diplomas in the language and part-time tutors have their impressive grades to show their capability. No matter what category you select, it is essential to hire a tutor who has proficiency in the subject and can effectively pass down that knowledge.
- FamilyTutor understands how hard it is to find experienced Tamil tutors, however, we engage the best Tamil tutors in Singapore who have ample teaching experience and excellent qualifications in the Tamil language.
- Experience is as important as a tutor’s qualifications as without experience tutors would not know how to pass on the knowledge that they have in context to the child’s syllabus as well as his examination format. Therefore, an important quality to judge for in tutors is their ability to teach students of similar levels thus increasing their effectiveness in conveying concepts and teaching the right skills that students will need to ace their exam.
- FamilyTutor responsibly selects and recommends tutors who fulfil your given requests. Thus, when concerning an experienced tutor, we only recommend tutors who have sufficient experience teaching the level you have requested. This ensures that they are more than capable of teaching the child the right content and can do so without contradicting the MOE syllabus and objectives.
- The syllabus of Tamil changes every few years whether it is the MOE syllabus or the IB curriculum. Therefore, to ensure that your child learns these new changes and can effectively practice them in time for their exams, you need to hire a tutor who is familiar with the latest syllabus and can include those alterations in their teaching plans. The motive for hiring a private Tamil tutor is to ensure that your child is learning the correct concepts and skills as well as improving in all aspects.
- FamilyTutor ensures that their tutors have ample experience teaching the latest syllabus and are also quite effective in teaching these changes. Furthermore, to ease a client’s worries, we include tutors’ qualifications and experience in their tutor profiles, so clients can carefully select a tutor on the basis of all these factors.
- With the limited time, they are given to learn Tamil in school reduces the chance to perfect their concepts. However, private tutors often supply additional practice materials so students can practice their developed skills and work hard to be able to use them fluently. Therefore, when hiring a tutor, engage with one who has these resources in their possession and can provide them to their students to help them in the practice of comprehension and composition. Furthermore, tutors also have compiled notes on current issues and can supply these to students to help in their descriptive essays.
- FamilyTutor understands how many students struggle in their papers due to the lack of practice of their skills. Therefore we pinpoint tutors who have sufficient materials to aid in their revision and practice so they are prepared to attempt and tackle questions in their paper.
- It is no secret that the top Tamil tutors in Singapore would be in high demand due to their many successful projects and effectiveness in improving grades. That is why clients are urged to study a tutor’s testimonials before they finalize the selection process. The testimonials do good to highlight tutors’ strengths and capabilities as well as ensure clients that they are safe to engage with. Hence when looking for an effective Tamil tutor, it is important to find one who has good testimonials.
- FamilyTutor understands how difficult it is to entrust your child’s immediate future in the hands of a stranger. Therefore, we pinpoint Tamil tutors who have extremely good recommendations from their past clients. This would ensure clients of their capability to bring out good changes in their child.
Making Well-Informed Decisions
Importance of Getting Tamil Home Tuition
- Tamil is one of the most spoken languages in Singapore as well as being the main language in Tamil and Sri Lanka. For student’s wishing to apply to universities in these areas or moving for work purposes, need to have a strong command over the language so they can understand and use it fluently.
- The Tamil syllabus is divided through all the levels where the topics at higher levels are advanced and require more command over vocabulary and grammar. In order to ease the transition from basic topics to advanced topics, students need to have good foundational skills in speaking, writing and listening. Private tutors can help students develop and perfect these skills so they are able to use them in their higher levels.
- Tamil is not offered in many schools, therefore students cannot develop effective skills in their listening, speaking and writing. However, with the help of private tuition, parents are assured that their children are giving a good amount of time to practicing and learning these skills making them able to use them in their official exam.
- Students wishing to enter local universities need to have a good grade in Tamil. Furthermore, students who do not score a good grade in O-Levels need to retake the exam in A-Levels, this can reduce the time that they have to focus on other core subjects in their junior college. Private tutors can ensure that you score a high grade in Tamil in your first go, therefore allowing you to take other subjects in A-Levels as well as have more free time to focus on important core subjects.
- Have an overall good GPA in O-Levels and PSLE’s can give you the privilege of choosing your subjects in A-levels. Therefore, don’t waste time, seek help from private tutors and pave a bright path for your future.
Best Tamil Home Tuition in Singapore
Enjoy Tamil Tuition at the convenience of your home today. FamilyTutor provides Tamil Home Tuition all across Singapore. Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today with us!
The #1 Tamil Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
We understand the struggles of parents and students in finding a proficient and experienced Tamil tutor to help in improving grades and developing basic foundational skills. Therefore, we search far and wide to select and recommend effective Tamil tutors for our clients. Our tutors have varying experiences and qualifications to show their capability of teaching Tamil to your child, from MOE & NIE trained tutors to full-time tutors and part-time tutors. Furthermore, we assure our clients that our tutors are nothing short of effective and can supply additional materials and resources to help their children. To develop good speaking, listening and writing skills in Tamil, request a tutor from FamilyTutor today and watch yourself become more fluent with each passing day!
Tamil is one of the most spoken languages amongst Indians residing in Singapore and is currently undergoing an emergence in Singaporean schools. Don’t waste time and improve your skills in Tamil before it’s too late.
More Home Tuition Resources From Our Blog
History as a subject requires a lot of memorization of different names, places, events, and dates which are deemed important and noteworthy. This single reason is why students tend to lean towards other subjects when asked what their favorite subject is. But what if there are ways to improve how to memorize these dates, names places, and events that occurred in the past.